Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Search Engine Friendly Links

Quote Reply
Search Engine Friendly Links
How do I make a search engine friendly link of the link the directory is using with links 2.0? I tried to seach it out but it said it was updating something.
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] Search Engine Friendly Links In reply to
Category Title mod: http://www.webmasters-resources.com/...egory_title_mod.html

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Search Engine Friendly Links In reply to
So this will make the urls be their actually make a real url show up under the title of the site?
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] Search Engine Friendly Links In reply to
No, that lets you define a title for each category, instead of using the category name. For the links, you can use <%URL%> to have the actual url included. You can use that as part of the jump code: <a hre ="fggvrfr.com"><%URL%></ a>

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Search Engine Friendly Links In reply to
Is there a way to have a direct link to each site but also still count outgoing hits via a javascript onclick call of a modified jump.pl? Anyone have such a mod or instructions? This would make links much more competitive (when links was released I don't think so much importance was placed on inbound links except for direct benefit, so jump.pl made sense, but now it's dated as most people want not only the direct value of being included in a directory but also the indirect pagerank value of another inbound link (especially if your directory is established and considered a quality source)