Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Forgot admin username and password

Quote Reply
Forgot admin username and password
Hello,

A few months ago, I set up my links script. I thought I had written down the admin username and password, but apparently I didn't and now I can't remember what it is. I looked in a few of the files, but don't see the info anyplace. Can someone tell me where to look for this info?

Thanks
Indera
Quote Reply
Re: [iemproductions] Forgot admin username and password In reply to
the user name/password information is in the htpasswd file. Simply delete the file and create a new one since there is no why to decrypt the password to see what it was.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [iemproductions] Forgot admin username and password In reply to
Dunno if you alread know this, but Junko was refering to the .htpasswd and .htaccess files (you need to delete the .htaccess file if you wanna regain access at all to put the .htpasswd file back, otherwise it will lock you out as there is no password file to verify you).

Just thought I'd let you know Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Forgot admin username and password In reply to
>>you need to delete the .htaccess file if you wanna regain access at all to put the .htpasswd file back<<

Err no you don't
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Forgot admin username and password In reply to
Ok, that was worded quite badly Tongue What I meant to say is if you want to regain access via a browser. It will not affect your FTP/Telnet etc access, but will bring up a login box every time you try to login via a browser.

Better Paul Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Forgot admin username and password In reply to
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your help. I have written the information down in several places.

Indera