Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Category pages url extension

Quote Reply
Category pages url extension
Hi,

How do I make the urls of the category pages end in the html extension. For example a catogory for Clothing with sub category Accessories is presetly showing as

www.xxxxx.com/Clothing/ and

www.xxxx.com/Clothing/Accessories/

but I would prefer

www.xxxx.com/Clothing/Accessories.html

I have this my links.cfg

# The name of an index file.
$build_index = "index.html";
# The extension to use for non index files:
$build_extension = ".html";
Quote Reply
Re: [Abusaki] Category pages url extension In reply to
>>
but I would prefer

www.xxxx.com/Clothing/Accessories.html
<<

Umm Accessories is a directory not a html file :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Category pages url extension In reply to
I don't see the benefit of naming them like Category.html, as google.com and other spiders still accomidate the folder names in their search engines. Just a waste of time and effort if you ask me Tongue Is there any particular reason you want to do it?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Category pages url extension In reply to
Thanks for the replys.

I actually want to change them from directories to files because I have some pages in the form of files with .html extensions which are doing well in Goggle and I would want to maintain their ranking .

Updating them manually is so much work so putting them up using Links will go a long way to make my work easier.

I was hoping there will be a way for me create the directories are files say instead of ABC, CDE, FGH, directories I will have them as ABC.html, CDE.html and FGH.html files

Hope this explains it

Dorette
Quote Reply
Re: [Abusaki] Category pages url extension In reply to
I am not so good with the script so I am hoping someone could tell me how to change the directories into files in the script

Any one has ideas?

Thank you

Abusaki