Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Need some help, do these conflict in any way?

Quote Reply
Need some help, do these conflict in any way?
I have been toying with the Links script for a while and i have enjoyed it alot. Now I am going to try setting up a "real" Link section and I would like to get some help with the various Mods i am planning on using so they dont confuse eachother. I would also like to get some directions on where i can find more Mods, or people that can help me construct the Mod. Wink

Well, lets begin with the basic setup I had in mind. The basic Layout is not bad, but i have something specific in mind, so thats why i have looked around and decided on these Mods:

§ 3 Level of New Graphics + Updated Grafic
§ Bullets Next to category name
§ Sub-Categories like Yahoo
§ Multiple Category Templates
§ Dynamic Soon Mod

I will probably try to tweak the Bullet Mod so I dont have to have 1 Image for all Cat. name images, but rather 1 different for each...Not sure how yet so any pointers are appreciated. Smile

If anyone see a conflict here somewhere or know about modification problems that could come from mixing these Mods, please let me know...My hair is thin as it is already...Wink

The idea of the Links is to have it Moderated and giving the users a chance to get involved in the process of gathering Links and adding them to the Links. If anyone know of a Mod that allow you to display all Link owners with the total amount of Links submitted, then you would be a life saver Angelic

I am also out to find a Mod that require people to register to be able to post a new Link or Modify a link, preferably combined with the above mentioned display Mod for registered Link Owners.

Thanks for checking this post, I look forward to reading your replies. My old and horrible Link section can be found here if you want to look at it: http://www.thedarkcity.nu/NexusII/links/pages