Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Need help w/ minor tweaks...

Quote Reply
Need help w/ minor tweaks...
Hi,
I am almost done with my templates!!!!
Hurray!

A couple of minor issues.

1) The error listings on the add_error.html and modify_error.html pages.
I have the fonts called out in my templates, but it is only affecting the first line of the error message. Subsequent errors are listed in the default font and are not bolded. I have been hunting around for where to set the fonts for these in the cgi files, but I have not been able to deduce a likely spot. Could use a hint...!

2) Same problem for the list of dates on the what's new first page. I tried adding a font tag to this line from nph_build.cgi:
$main_link_results .= qq|<li><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><a href="$build_new_url/$date$build_extension">$long_date</a></font> ($total).|;

No effect. Guess it's not the right place to add the font tag?

3) I implemented a suggestion from Bobsie on making the links list alphabetically by commenting out the appropriate parts of db_utils.pl sub build_sorthit. Works fine, but doesn't affect the What's New page. Is there a way to make the What's New page sort listings alphabetically?
Thanks,
-V

[This message has been edited by V Silly (edited November 07, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Need help w/ minor tweaks... In reply to
1) Look for the following:

add.cgi

Code:
&site_html_add_failure (qq| |);

Add the font codes between qq| and |;.

modify.cgi

Code:
&site_html_modify_failure();

Same thing.

2) What I have done for the font style for the Long Dates on the What's New Page is adding font tags around <%link_results%> in the new.html template file.

3) Don't know for sure how to do this. This would be a bit complicated because you would have to change the sorting of the categories as well as the links in those categories, since the New Sites are listed by their categories alphabetically, then by the order of their IDs in terms of when they were added to the directory.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Need help w/ minor tweaks... In reply to
Thanks Eliot!!!
Guess I'll just live w/ the non-alphabetical What's New...
Best,
-V