Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Multiple headers and footers?

Quote Reply
Multiple headers and footers?
Does anyone have any experience with, or ideas about, how one could create multiple headers and footers?

By this I am referring to the existing setup where Links currently has a Header and a Footer field. Files can be called from them, etc, etc. A great way of adding category specific info.

Is it possible to add more fields with the same capabilities as Header and Footer? In other words, just replicate them with a new name?

Perhaps this is something that can be handled with the Enhanced Template Mod features but in my searching I have found very, very little if any guidance on how to use the features of that Mod.

Richard
"Be practical, expect miracles." - James T. McCay
Quote Reply
Re: [Tricky Ricky] Multiple headers and footers? In reply to
Erm;

<%include file.txt%>

file.txt needs to be in the /templates/ folder though.

Hope that helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Multiple headers and footers? In reply to
What does "erm;" stand for?

No, I don't believe that is what I am looking for.

As it currently stands, using the Header and Footer field allows you to have information included in the generated html document based on a specific "category" through the Admin area.

In other words, I can insert <%header%> and or <%footer%> somewhere in a document and then the file that I have referenced in the category Header or Footer field gets called from the /header or /footer directory.

So, in a category called Cities I could have referenced a file called xyz.txt in the header field and the contents of xyz.txt appear in the cities.html document wherever I have placed <%header%>.

I would like to have the ability to create and then insert <%header1%>, <%header2%>, etc.

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: [Tricky Ricky] Multiple headers and footers? In reply to
>>
What does "erm;" stand for?
<<

It's literal like the sound you make when you are taking a moment to think (or patronise). A bit like "ummm"

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 3, 2003, 8:41 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Multiple headers and footers? In reply to
That's what I thought Paul, but you never know.

Blush

Richard