Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Links 2.0 due soon?

Quote Reply
Links 2.0 due soon?
Is Links 2.0 still due for a beta release tomorrow? I had a meltdown of my Links site due to my fiddling too much with the HTML and that template feature may save my bum Smile

I'm just wondering so I know whether or not to try and rebuild now or wait until 2.0... Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Links 2.0 due soon? In reply to
The url of the annoucment that Alex has announced the new relese is http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um1/HTML/000003.html
Its not 2.0 its 1.2 and it should be released today here's some of what he said Still on target for a Dec 15 beta release.
Thanks
Joey
Quote Reply
Well, yeah, I'd read that. I suppose I was looking for confirmation from Alex on whether or not it was coming out tomorrow.. Smile

Oops, guess I was getting ahead of myself saying 2.0. From the sounds of the changes, 2.0 might not be such a bad version number for it, tho!

The reason I'm asking is because the announcement you refer to is dated Nov. 25.

Thanks for your reply!

Quote Reply
Ya I know what you mean, I can't wait! Man I be glad when he comes out with Links 1.2, I keep checking the the /scripts/links page for the update about ervery 10 minutes or so. I wrote Alex an email asking if he has come out with 1.2 yet but he just said
"
Hi Joey,

Make sure you are subscribed to the announcement list, as I'll mail to
everyone on it once I put the 1.2 version up.

Cheers,

Alex"
Thanks Joey
jbost@sheltonbbs.com
Quote Reply
Guess what!

The meltdown wasn't really a mess-up in my code! I accidentally saved my script with Macintosh line endings instead of UNIX line endings, and when I uploaded it to my UNIX server, it was befuddled!

So I FTPed it back down, saved the file with UNIX line endings, FTPed it back up, and voila! I'm saved!

Yay

And I've added the code to pull headers and footers from another file, from the discussion linked below. Yay!

(So, templates aren't AS important to me now, but greater separation of code and content would still be nice.)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um9/HTML/000001.html

[This message has been edited by Jake Stetser (edited December 15, 1998).]
Quote Reply

Quote:
I keep checking the the /scripts/links page for the update about ervery 10 minutes or so

No wonder my bandwidth is topping 7 GB this month. =)

Cheers,

Alex