Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Link Validation

Quote Reply
Link Validation
Ok, I have a problem, maybe someone can suggest something.

When a person fills out the add form, not all the fields are there. The user has to log in to complete all the fields about his listing, but he can;t log in unless I validate the listing.

So I'm only thinking of making a Check box field so the user checks it if he wants his resourse listed.

Now, how can I remove the validation process?

intellie Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [intellie] Link Validation In reply to
can you add the other fields to your add.html page? I'm not sure what you mean by "log in to complete all the fields." They can add the record then modify the record

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] Link Validation In reply to
You see, what I have on my site is. When the user want's to add a listing in to the directory on the add form I don't have all the fields. I just have some, like NAME, EMAIL, USERNAME, PASSWORD and so on.

To complete the listing information the user has to log in and update his profile. But he can't log in unless I validate. and when I validate, the user can comeback in 3 days and update it, but at the same time, once I validate the link, it will show in the directory. I used the "IF" option but the problem is once the link is validate, it will show that it is in a category, for numlinks count, but if you into that category the link isn't there, because the "IF" statment is setup is a specific feild isn't completed do not show the link. But the link is counted, but can not be seen.

Anyways, I don't really want to sit here and have a headache about this, I just put all the fields on the add page so there are not headaches.

Thanks for your time man

intellie Crazy
Quote Reply
Is there a reason why all the fields were not on the add.html page to begin with?

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Well what I wanted to do in the beginning is: The user just inputs some info. but not all, then he has to log into complete the addition to the database.

intellie Crazy
Quote Reply
well, that does not really answer the question I asked. Why do that way? But that is your business, not mine. I was just curious but it is not necessary for me to know.

Seem like there was a hack to auto-validate the add link.

Gene
Quote Reply
I just have 30 fields. And I just wanted the user to fill out the important ones first, then log in, because when the user forgets to fill something out, he has to fix to many frields.

intellie Crazy