Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Is this a Mod?

Quote Reply
Is this a Mod?
When people submit their urls you can do a dupecheck on the url to check for duplicates. Is there a mod that will allow you to "set" an ammount of duplicates that are allowed? For example a mod that will add a drop down window to the Admin to allow 1, 2, 3, etc duplicates without showing them when you do a dupe check? I would like to allow users to submit their urls into more then one category (probably 2 or 3) but if everyone does that, then the Dupe checker is worthless cause it will take all day to list all the dupes.

Anyone understand what I am saying? If you have any idea please let me know.

Rick
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a Mod? In reply to
Check in the resources section. There is an "alternate category mod" that works GREAT! You have ONE url but it can have 15 (150 if you wanted to go crazy, this is just for examples sake) categories! This is also better than your suggestion because, if a URL changes, you only change it ONCE!!!!!!! Otherwise, WHO KNOWS! BTW, it has ANOTHER benefit! A search for a string that causes that URL to come up presents only ONE copy of it! ALSO, the URL count is CORRECT! It isn't artificially inflated, and it doesn't present dups.