Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Hold Links Mod

Quote Reply
Hold Links Mod
Hi,

I have installed the Hold Links Mod from the Lookhard-WebSite. It is no problem to hold a link via the admin panel; when I'm using the template form I just receive the Email that "The following link is awaiting to be put on hold". But if I would like to validate the Hold Link status, there is no linke to validate in theadmin interface. Do you have any answer?

Phil.

Quote Reply
Re: Hold Links Mod In reply to
Guess you missed the following instructions on Page 2 of the Mod:

Code:

Now, admin_html.pl - go into sub html_navigation and where you find this

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&view_search=1">View</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&add_form=1">Add</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&delete_search=1">Delete</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&modify_search=1">Modify</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&validate_form=1">Validate</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&check_duplicates=1">Check Dup.</a>

change it to

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&view_search=1">View</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&add_form=1">Add</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&delete_search=1">Delete</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&hold_search=1">Hold a link</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&modify_search=1">Modify</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&validate_form=1">Validate</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&holdval_form=1">Re-Enter a link</a>

<a href="$db_script_url?db=links&check_duplicates=1">Check Dup.</a>

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thank you a lot for your reply, Eliot. But your suggestion isn't the point. If I choose the option VALIDATE in the admin panel, then there should be listed all links to be added, modified and hold (I think). The problem is that there won't appear the links to be hold, although the admin will receive an Email like this:

The following link is awaiting to be put on hold:

ID: 19
URL: http://www.auktionline.com
Reason: test
Contact Email: webmaster@auktionline.com

Referer: http://www.auktionsservice.de/links/cgi-bin/hold.cgi
Remote Address: 131.220.244.66
Remote Identity:

To validate, please go to:
http://www.auktionsservice.de/links/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi

Sincerely,

Links Manager.

But this link doesn't appear in the VALIDATE section of the admin panel. Do you have any further suggestion, why it doesn't work properly.

Phil.

Quote Reply
Well...guess what? It is the point!

Did you click on the following link:

Re-Enter a link

That is what will "validate" the link into your live database.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
@AnthroRules: Perhaps I don't understand the mod, so I would like to explain the situation. You know that I respect your professionell support ;-)

As follows a brief overview of my problem:

When A user sets a link on hold, must I then build the pages once again so that the link doesn't appear on the pages any more. Or must I validate the Hold status? The problem when a user sets a link to hold is that will be further listed in the my list although I clicked the build function. The link isn't set to hold although I get a Email, which I have printed at the head of this thread. When I follow the Link "Re-Enter a Link" then I get this message:

No Records to Re-Enter!

Does I have to put the link to hold status manually in the admin menu after I received the hold message, because this would work? If I#M using the Option "Hold a Link" in the admin menu, then the link appears in the Re-Enter a Link-section.

I really don't understand this.

Phil.

Quote Reply
Ok, i'll break this down for you. The email means $%#$. It does not take the link and put it in a special database nor mark it as held. All it is supposed to do is tell you the id of the link or whatever, title, blah blah blah. Thats so that you click on hold a link in the admin, and search. Thats why i have it using a search. Because it doesn't put it in a special database, so u can easily search with the information supplied in the email by the link owner. And after you search and find it, you then select it and press hold. Sorry buddy, no automatic adding and deleting from databases based on hold.cgi.

I believe this is stated in the instructions - that the email is only for information.

Quote Reply
Hi.

Well, as I havn't many links in my database, it is no problem to do this manually. I haven't understood this and I first thought that there is again a bug in my modded Links files. But now it is clear for me.

Thank you, Phil.