Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Email From Text to HTML format

Quote Reply
Email From Text to HTML format
Is their a way to have the email-add.txt to sent in html format instead of text. I'm trying to send an image with the email. When I do it it still comes in text format. I changed the email-add.txt to html and still the same thing.

Please Help

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Email From Text to HTML format In reply to
Personally, I wouldn't do that. Some folks get irritated with attachments to their email that clutter up their system by creating lots of folders. I get irritated with email that has html attached and the html doesn't say anymore than the email did to begin with. I always delete all email attachments unless they add something to the email. Remember Melissa?
Quote Reply
I'm not sending an attachment. i want the file to be sent as an html page. Have you ever received a email that was in html format. Something like that not as a file attachment. SORRY for the misunderstanding.

------------------
Quote Reply
My email client does not display html even when that mime type is used because I have turned off its ability to do it... it wants to load IE to display it, and my default browser is Netscape.

Regardless of how you specify it, the html will be an attachment to email on a large number of mail clients. The only html that my client recognizes in the body of a message are URL's. It wouldn't even display an image, but if the img tag contained a URL in the src parameter, I could click on it and see it in my browser window that would open.