Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Detailed View

Quote Reply
Detailed View
Which mod is the "detailed view?" There are few that say detailed and I am not sure which one is the detailed view. Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Detailed View In reply to
There is only one Detailed Mod that Widgetz wrote...I wrote a tutorual about adding Detailed pages (using a variety of methods) at the following URL (which also includes a link to Widgetz Mod)....

http://www.anthrotech.com/...links/faqs/detailed/

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Not sure if that is it. I saw it on a site. It was right after "Rate It" "Detailed Viewed" with a link. Once you click on the link. It took you to the details. Additionally, a directory was created called /Detailed/

Quote Reply
Right...this is NOT a Mod, but a built-in feature of Links. Did you even take the time to read the FAQ (that I worked very hard to produce) OR did you choose to ignore it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes, I did (reviewed it and I even went to your site to see if it was the same thing). It did not appear to be what I saw previously so I did not think it was the same thing I was searching for. Not sure why my Detailed View is not working.

Quote Reply
Well...Look at the FAQ AGAIN! It provides instructions for using the BUILT-IN DETAILED feature, which you have seen in other sites!!

Got it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi, I read your instructions on the Detailed. A couple of questions, if that is okay. I did make the changes to Links.cfg File and a directory was created called Detail. So far so good. But hopefully you can clear this up. In your instructions you state: "If you are NOT using templates........." This is confusing to me.......because this program does use templates. Do you mean I have a choice as to whether I would change my template or use the instructions for non-templates? I also read :"If you have any problems with installing and using this FAQ, post your questions at the
LINKS Modification Forum:"

Regards,
Frank

Quote Reply
Uh...if you noticed...there are two files:

1) site_html.pl (which is used if you do not want to use template files)

2) site_html_templates.pl (which is used for templates)

That is why I have stated "If you are NOT using templates, use the following link in the sub site_html_link routine in the site_html.pl file:

<a href="$db_cgi_url/detail.cgi?ID=$rec{'ID'}">Detailed Page</a>

I am providing instructions for BOTH template users and NON template users...That is why I have instructions for editing the site_html.pl AND the site_html_templates.pl file.

And, no, I do not mean that you can switch between templates and non-templates....I simply have provided instructions for BOTH non-templates and templates!

And you probably should've began this dialogue stating something like,"I have read the FAQ located here...and I have a few questions". Rather than questioning my knowledge about the Link script and the advice I was providing you.

Wink

Got it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Eliot, I think I know where the misunderstanding maybe. I was not aware the true purpose of what each file was. And...........hummmmmmm.....I don't think I was questioning your knowledge. I think sometimes you misunderstand a question and then over react. But you never really answered my question...........you just defined the files.

Quote Reply
Uh...I did answer your questions! Read it again!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Do I edit both or one? THAT IS MY QUESTION! Got it?

Quote Reply
You edit ONLY the site_html_templates.pl SINCE you are using Templates!

Regards,

Regards,

AnthroRules
Quote Reply
Gee......now you answering me after you just sent me a PRIVATE EMAIL telling me off! What's with you? Why do act like you are helping others out and then send them emails saying they are on their own??????????????????????????????????????? You need to review your answers to others and how RUDE you are before you attack me or others for asking questions. You claim you are a teacher. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. Or do you shoot your students should they ask a question? This forum was created for helping others out not attacking them for asking questions. Don't volunteer if you are going to complain about it!

Quote Reply
Where do I claim that I am a teacher??? That is the most curious statement you have posted. I do not teach...so, get your facts straight before plundering and attacking people.

Wink

Regards,

Regards,

AnthroRules
Quote Reply
Your keyboard is stuck! Pssssssss.....you only need to say Regards once. Got it?

Quote Reply
Thanks for the comments...I have recently edited my Profile...

Regards,

AnthroRules
Quote Reply
Oppppps.......I forgot to say thank you again. WOW........if I don't then I will surely be sent numerous emails again by his All Mighty!

Quote Reply
To both of you. If I see anymore threads like this one, I will be using the ban user option for the first time. This is NOT what this forum is for. If you want to argue with each other, PLEASE do it in email, not this forum! Mad

- Bobsie
bobsie@orphanage.com
http://goodstuff.orphanage.com/