Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Category Mod Help

Quote Reply
Category Mod Help
I have modded my links installation with a "featured site" mod. In short, I added a field to the links.db called "Featured" with a yes or no setting. If a site is set to featured in the admin panel, it displays a small icon next to the site title, and I have set up a "Featured" page that lists the categories and the featured sites in them. The featured mod is similar to the Editor's Pick Page mod somewhere in here.

What I am trying to do now, is set up links so that when the pages are rebuilt, whatever featured site is in a category, a line such as "Featuring Such and Such a Site" will be added on the homepage below the category's description. As it is now, I have to manually add the featured info into the category each time a featured site is added or removed.

What I am looking for is something like this:

Content Providers (13)

Listing of various content providers.
  • Featuring: Garill Publishing

• Quote Reply
    Re: [cvance] Category Mod Help In reply to
    <%if Featured%>Featured site<%endif%>

Unsure

Andy (mod)
    andy@ultranerds.co.uk
    Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
    GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
    Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Andy] Category Mod Help In reply to
    Andy,

Comparing what you posted to the code in category.html, shouldn't it be more like:

<%if featured%>Featured Site: <%featured%><%endif%>

assuming the mod builds something named $featured...

Leonard
    aka PerlFlunkie
    Quote Reply
    Re: [PerlFlunkie] Category Mod Help In reply to
    $featured is a yes/no field in links.db...

I guess I could pass it as a variable from the build_links sub to the build_homepage sub...

I'll try something and post it if it works.

Thanks,

Charlie