Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

CAN YOU SEND ME SUB YAHOO MOD SCRIPT

Quote Reply
CAN YOU SEND ME SUB YAHOO MOD SCRIPT
Dear Sir:
and hello everyone..
it is not long time ago.i could find the the "subcat like yahoo" mod(non-english site_templates_html.pl and readme.txt )in resources center. at that time i did download it.and now i visit his website but some reason it is closed and i could not got the script any more. can you send me one if you have?
my e-mail l2518736@ms22.hinet.net
or can you tell me where i can find it
thank you very much
soony

Quote Reply
Re: CAN YOU SEND ME SUB YAHOO MOD SCRIPT In reply to
I too am interested in this mod. I have emailed Jerry and no response. I guess for now we will have to live without it until someone will recreate it or rewrite it.

Looking forward to that day.

George

Quote Reply
Hello,

I am spend hours trying to recreate this mod and would appreciate any information, guidance or input. I have been able to put together what is needed (I think) for Subcats by Yahoo. The following change to link.cfg and site_html_templates.pl. that I gathered from this forum. What other components or changes are needed for this mod?

Thanks

George

Quote Reply
Now People dont cry,
go to resources and get the IWS.com templates, the sub yahoo mod is build in, just use the files without the templates. nothing is lost.
regards
klaus

Quote Reply
BTW: There are several other versions of the Yahoo mod that Jerry did NOT write.

Subcategories Like Yahoo v2.1 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...=&vc=1#Post46160

Which is actually BETTER than the original, because you keep your description field and can choose which categories are listed.

--Drew
Quote Reply
Thanks Drew & Klaus,

Tried both and they don't work correctly. One clearly states that you need the mod and the other constantly comes up with an error. For now, I have put subcats aside. Just for the record, I was right in the middle of adding them before that mod got pulled. Basically, I have to start all over. Just wanted to finish it up that's all. I can live without the sub cats until something definitely comes along and works. I tried emailing both of them and absolutely no response.

Thanks again.

George