Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Build pages on a different server?

Quote Reply
Build pages on a different server?
Is there a way,

In which the nph-build.cgi when run either by crontabs or manually, that it will generate the pages onto another server?

Such as running nph-build.cgi using your information on your servers, but building the pages on a different server.

It would be helpful if anyone has any suggestions. Smile

------------------
BeatBox Entertainment
beat-box.com
Ron Newbigging

Quote Reply
Re: Build pages on a different server? In reply to
umm.. well.. you could use Net::FTP..

jerry
Quote Reply
Thanks Widgetz,

How would I be able to implement the procedure?

Sorry, I just never heard of such a thing and would be beneficial to me since I run low as it is on disk space!

------------------
BeatBox Entertainment
beat-box.com
Ron Newbigging

Quote Reply
hmm.. well.. it's a little complicated..

you'd have to have a whole other links.cfg to tell the program the paths on the other server.

then the rest is pretty easy..

it's just logging in.. and then changing a bunch of directories and then writing the html pages..

http://www.perl.com/.../libnet/Net/FTP.html

jerry
Quote Reply
Can you write to a file with Net::FTP??? i seem to remember that you can only get and put...
put ( LOCAL_FILE [, REMOTE_FILE ] ); LOCAL_FILE needs to be a filename or file handle. I wish i had the time to test this. well, come to think of it, you could have a temp file that all files wrote to and have it save to the REMOTE_FILE wherever you wanted to.

or can you write to it just like being on your own computer with put? maybe i should put that in as a suggestion for the Net::FTP module... being able to put( "$string" [, REMOTE_FILE ] ) would be nice...

oh, wait, no... you can append, too... hmmm...

--tom