Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Breaking links into columns?

Quote Reply
Breaking links into columns?
How difficult would it be to break the list of links into two columns, similar to how categories are? The links themselves would have very short descriptions (if at all).
Quote Reply
Re: Breaking links into columns? In reply to
My suggestion is to look at the codes in the sub site_html_print_cat and duplicate the codes, including the $half variable in the sub site_html_link routine.

This is a quick and dirty answer. You could explore the sub build_category_pages in the nph-build.cgi and re-write the $links array to split the associated array into two columns.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks, again, for your reply Eliot. You really are a wealth of knowledge.

Unfortunately I am no programmer, so for me to "re-write the $links array to split the associated array into two columns" would be out of the question.

I am willing to try your first suggestion but, while I understand it in concept, I am overwelmed by the intricacies of the code involved (some of you are probably laughing at this).

If someone was willing to offer a code example to try and get me off the ground, I'd be happy to give it a shot...
Quote Reply
could someone have a look at this post again please?

I've been trying/would like to make the actual links to be split into 3 columns?

So if I was spanning the links, and I put 9 links on what page, then the 9 links would be split into 3 columns

thanks