Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Anyone tried a mod for making home page categories a template?

Quote Reply
Anyone tried a mod for making home page categories a template?
Has anyone made or attempted to make the home page categories a template. Rather than having to put in the hard code. I know it is not to hard to do the hard code. But it would sure be nice to have a template for that part of the routine. Smile
TimRyan
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone tried a mod for making home page categories a template? In reply to
... I think I misunderstand your question. You can use templates or non templates.

------------------
www.gqfitness.com
www.digitalskyline.com

[This message has been edited by Digital Pimp (edited September 10, 1999).]
Quote Reply
What Tim is asking is at the bottom of the file it says "This part is not templates based yet" and it's the same for LinkSQL.

This is one part that has not been moved from the "site_html" format to the "site_html_templates" format.

He's asking if anyone has done it -- and I've wondered about that myself Smile But, since it works... I haven't messed with it Wink

Quote Reply
hehe Smile Right pugdog, if it ain't broke why fix-it Smile

Actually, the only reason I would like to see this as a template is because I will be making multi home.html pages and it would be nice have that code made so it was in a template. Otherwise I agree.. Smile

I look at the code a few times and see it might be quite a challenge.

TimRyan

[This message has been edited by timryan (edited September 10, 1999).]
Quote Reply
there is almost no way to do that in tempaltes.. alex the very very intellegent man.. (that i bow down to again).. could have done it is it were easy.. think think think..

if you were to put this..

table
tr
td
%categories1%
/td
td
%categories2%
/td
td
%categories3%
/td
/tr
/table

i guess that would work.. but first of all.. you would need template.pm to count how many %categories(\d+)% [\d+ means one or more digits. for the un perl intelects] are in the file... then you need to divde the categories by 3 and add 2... and then run it through another template.. sorta like site_html_link to make the html of each category..

it is possible.. since i don't use templates.. i leave it to you guys.. maybe you can work off this suggestion.. i think it makes sense.. but thats me.. maybe alex?

i have no clue how you parse templates.. i just went to look at your enhanced templates.pm and got a clue what to do Wink

since it's friday.. i think i'll go mod crazy tonight..

jerry
Quote Reply
ok.. there is a problem.. Smile

i am trying to change load_template to support arrays..

that's all i can say..

jerry
Quote Reply
OK thanks widgetz,
I see what you mean. I thought the same and it is not worth the time and energy I suppose. Smile

Thanks for the input.
TimRyan
PS. Don't go to crazy Smile