Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Adding a "Hold" feature to awating links for validation

Quote Reply
Adding a "Hold" feature to awating links for validation
Hello everyone! How could I add a feature where instead of "Validate" or "Delete" for an awaiting link, I could have "Hold" so I could e-mail the webmaster to check something on there link or whatever then still be able to go ahead and get the other links out to the web? I look forward to your replys! God bless!
Quote Reply
Re: Adding a "Hold" feature to awating links for validation In reply to
So, let me see if i understand, instead of putting the link in a database, you want to auto email the link-adder, to see if he wants to change anything? or do you want to put it in another database where nothing happens to it, but from that database the guy/girl can pick his/her url, resubmit it and then from there it goes to the validate database?

------------------
-----------------
Lavon Russell
LookHard! Search
www.lh.yi.org
webmaster@lh.yi.org

Quote Reply
You can leave a link in the validate.db indefinitely by simply not selecting either the validate or delete option for that link (leave both unchecked. You can still mark any other links and process them as usual. The unmarked link will still be there waiting for you to do something with it next time. Doesn't that cover what you wanted?
Quote Reply
Thanks Brad! That's what I wanted to know! God bless!