Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please

Quote Reply
ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please
Did anyonetry to do this ? i tried to use the normal upload mod , wlthough it doesnt fully serve my purposes. but it didnt work completely.

It would be great if someone figured out how to use it from the admin screen . or make a new mod for the admin.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please In reply to
You wanting multiple file types to be uploaded? multiple directories to be chosen?
Files at the same time???? Mine uploads the file, then crashes....????I should have it licked soon.....
I'll post a solution tomorrow....I think... but somebody will have to definately add some security test's.....
Quote Reply
Laith,
It's a pretty big hack....
I don't think I should cut-n-paste it here.
I set it up to call directly from the admin screen. There are unlimited directories, they just have to be defined in links.cfg.
Then added to admin_html.pl as a link with the option as the $ENV{'QUERY_STRING'}....if buttons use button directory...so on so forthe.... It prints a full list of the contents of that directory along with all the attributes..(chmod....size...etc...). I tried setting up a separate routine for the form in admin_html.pl that would call admin.cgi again and be passed to the correct routine....but I had trouble with the data getting passed properly.... All debug print statements worked, the data just wasn't there. So, now I have upload.cgi as a separate entity calling links.cfg for variable definitions.....
I'll check back tonight to see how you want to get the mod.....
Quote Reply
it sounds great,
If you can send it to my email :
laithz@jordanmall.com

some instructions will help too.

i need to use ti to allow my administrator to add files to the database, and upload without having to go through ftp.

Thank you very much for sharing your mod.
Quote Reply
Thats great, Thanks.
Quote Reply
all error testing should be included...If I come up with any updates, I will post them here.
Good Luck.
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: [rdmille] ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please In reply to
hey guys, im looking for this mod you are talking about. could you please send me the info also at adamwhitman@gmail.com
Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: [petergibbons] ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please In reply to
This may do the same thing.... http://gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

let me know if you would like a copy

chuck
Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [Dingle_B] ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please In reply to
hey chuck, i'd love a copy. can you post the code and instructions here or email it to adamwhitman@gmail.com

thanks a lot for your help
Quote Reply
Re: [petergibbons] ADMIN UPLOAD MOD ?? please In reply to
petergibbons..... I just sent you an email with the zip file.... if you have any problems, let me know

chuck
Crazy