Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

2 questions

Quote Reply
2 questions
I have a website with two versions - english and non-english. And I need 2 links catalogues english and non-english. So, how can I do that? I mean, to have 2 links catalogues with the same links but different description?

And the 2nd question. Can I have some more fields for description of a link? For example: not only site name URL and description, but in addiction information about site features, exclusives, and how often news is updated.

P.S. I'm sorry 4 my English. If u didn't understand something lemme know & ask me bout it.
Quote Reply
Re: [Natali] 2 questions In reply to
1) Welp, all you need to do is use two installations of Links 2.0 and use the same databases by referencing them accordingly in the separate link.cfg files.

2) Yes, you can. Search this forum for adding fields or go to the Resources section (in the Support section of this web site) and go to the FAQ section for Links 2.0.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Natali] 2 questions In reply to
Natali,

To have two instances of Links use the same database, add some fields to the links.db, and only call some in version, and others in version2:

Version 1: (english) ID, Title, URL, Description, etc...

Version 2:(nonenglish) ID, Title2, URL, Description2, etc...

where Title2 < % Title2 % >, etc call the nonenglish data from the links.db:

ID|Title|Title2|URL|Description|Description2| etc.

It's easier than it may at first sound. You should be abl to gather the info you need from tese forums, starting with Stealth's suggestion. Have fun!

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie