Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Two Related Questions

Quote Reply
Two Related Questions
Hi,

Two Related Questions:

Say 2 out of 5 domains I would like activation to be "Pseudo Automatic" and balance thru admin. What I would want help on is:

(1) If the accounts on the 2 domains are activated through a update query on the database, then will the Welcome Email land in the account?

(2)If Yes then I would need some script run through cron which updates the account to "Validated" and also updates the user limits for those domains (like pop accounts, mailbox space etc) to values only applicable for the specified domains. The balance domains are activated by Admin.

So in case the above sounds practical, can anyone help me with a script for the said purpose.....

Thnx in advance

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Two Related Questions In reply to
Hi,

1. No, the welcome message will get inserted when a user logs in and does not have his account setup yet. Setting it up externally by manipulating the database will not cause the welcome message to be created.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Two Related Questions In reply to
Hi Alex,

Let me rephrase:

The default activation is admin validated and there is no change on signup.

For two domains say i want that validation is thru a cron setup script. Now in that case only the status (users table) is updated thru script wouldn't the Welcome Mail be seen when the user logs in? The database manipulation is only for the status change

Now if the above is feasible, then how would one go about it. Some script which does the Status Update (where status=Not Validated and Domain in (d1,d2 etc)) and this script setup to run as cron process. What i need is the GM Compatible script do do the same.....

Can a help be offered in that respect?

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Two Related Questions In reply to
Hi Alex,

I just did a test and found no inconsistency. Signed up for an account and then updated the users table (users_status) to Validated from default of 'Not Validated' thru sql.

What I would want is that the status is updated to Validated by manupulating the database

UPDATE `webmail_users` set users_status='Validated' WHERE users_status='Not Validated' and email like '%somedomain.com' and webmail_dgraph.dgraph_tempid in (SELECT * from webmail_tempid)

or something similar. I would need a script which can be run hourly as cron. This would keep the admin busy only for deleting all signups with invalid tempid value.

Do u forsee any problems and can u offer any help on this?

Thnx

Anup