Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

www.mailnow.co.uk

Quote Reply
www.mailnow.co.uk
This look nice, but only seems to have a catchall pop account where as i want to provide each user with own pop.

Will Goss....Mail be better or comparable

Quote Reply
Re: www.mailnow.co.uk In reply to
Hi,

I think feature wise Gossamer Mail right now is pretty comparable. I've never heard of this one, or seen the code so I can't comment too much more. They don't seem to offer SQL support, which is a big minus, as these days with integrating different programs together, having your user information in an SQL database is essential.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
You say comparable? what about better?
Their language selection feature look nice.

This is what i would really like to be able to do:

I would like the registration process to be fully automatic, though i am realistic that this might not be possible without a lot of work. The way i would like the registration to be would be this:

User checks for desired id (Steve@domain.com www.steve.domain.com etc) on chosen domain if available they go to registration page.

The registration page will have a number of options, this is where i am not sure of what i can and cannot do but would like the following options which would also be available to system admin to turn on and off.

user id (not sure of naming conventions allowed)
pop only account
pop and web mail
WAP mail
Virus check
web space
language choice (this might be better chosen when user logs on)

after they have made choice they would go to credit card details entry page, and only after CC payment has been authorized would accounts be set up. Is this possible automatically or would i have to check that CC payment was authorized and then confirm request for account setup - ie account is set up but user cannot log on until admin authorizes it.

I am not sure of naming convention allowed, users will want to use their names so email address like these will be wanted steve@domain.com P.Allen@domain.com i understand that names such as p.allen are not possible for system or web address accounts but users will want them and it would not be possible for more than one identical alias to be on domain?

I am also not sure if registration option would be controllable by system admin at a user level

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
You say comparable? what about better?
I've never used it, so I can't say that. =)

What you are describing wouldn't be an "out of the box" solution, and would require some custom work. If you want a quote, please send details of what you need done to info@gossamer-threads.com and we can give you an idea of how much extra you'd be looking at.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.