Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

problem with old templates in new version (urgent!)

Quote Reply
problem with old templates in new version (urgent!)
Hello,

I upgraded from 2.0.6 to 2.1 last night. I thought everything was okay, but this morning I tried to reply (reply all/resend/delete) an e-mail and I got an error.

I attached the image error.

Please, how can I solve it? It is very urgent!

Thanks a lot,

Narcís

PD: When I reply the URL shown above is http://www.domain.com/...bin/user/webmail.cgi
Quote Reply
Re: [narcis] problem with old templates in new version (urgent!) In reply to
You need a fixed webmail.cgi.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...=webmail.cgi;#202614

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] problem with old templates in new version (urgent!) In reply to
Thanks Adrian, now it works fine

I didn't find that thread :-)
Quote Reply
Re: [narcis] problem with old templates in new version (urgent!) In reply to
Hello!

Bad that you had the same problem like I did and good that you mentioned.
  1. The forum does have an official bug report forum but hardly gets reported or updated. So the user is forced to go through the pain in looking for such tricks and fixes.
  2. If you downloaded the scripts after the fixes was offered, then the scripts were not updated and people may download the old scripts. They would then need to be updated, if thats the case.

Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] problem with old templates in new version (urgent!) In reply to
Hi,

I was chased quite a bit for speaking the same language. Actually such things are quite normal. Wrong version of file etc. wrong version of templates etc....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] problem with old templates in new version (urgent!) In reply to
Hello!

Wrong version of the file and templates is not as big mistake like SIMPLY missing out to insert the name of a package! Like,

Code:
use troubles;

I remember that I spent about three days of my life and had to throw it in the garbage when a new version came out and the reference of that package was missing. There was obviously something that I may have done wrong. So after the update, I was forced to get the old installation back to its place and install the new one on a test installation.

After couple of days later I foung out that within three hours this bug was reported and the solution of package was also identified. This was certainly not obvious for me since the title of the thread was not under [BUG REPERT 2.0.x] like Oh!my God!!! so I couldnt identify.

Making a mistake is one issue and preventing it from happening in the future is anathor issue. In the last year the former has been addressed much much better by the GT not not the later in terms of helping users in an example above.

I once thought of making a list of hours of my life I have simply wasted due to version 1.x of Links SQL. That would ammount in months!!!