Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Message Preview --Suggestion

Quote Reply
Message Preview --Suggestion
Suggestion for message preview:

The html code (particuaarly with heavy dose of graphics) is also currently displayed in many cases in the preview box which basically is meaningless. The preview should basically have the html tags stripped and only the text should be displayed.

Also with larger mails (mails with a lot of re stages) the preview starts showing message text anywhere but the begining of the mail. A 30K+ mail for instance consistently gives a preview of this nature.

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Message Preview --Suggestion In reply to
Quote:
The html code (particuaarly with heavy dose of graphics) is also currently displayed in many cases in the preview box which basically is meaningless. The preview should basically have the html tags stripped and only the text should be displayed.

The preview text is obtained from the msgsearch table, which had an incomplete html_to_text conversion. It's been fixed for 2.2.

Quote:
Also with larger mails (mails with a lot of re stages) the preview starts showing message text anywhere but the begining of the mail. A 30K+ mail for instance consistently gives a preview of this nature.

I'm assuming this is just a result of the html taking up most of the preview.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Message Preview --Suggestion In reply to
Hi Adrian

I have just fwded a mail to you for highlighting the secind point.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Message Preview --Suggestion In reply to
It seems to work now.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

I am on GM 2.1.0 Which file has to be upgraded? Last time it was Messages.pm which corrected the problem of no preview at all for mails> 20K.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

Is it a major bugfix or could it be corrected without going for upgrade to the next scheduled version. What changes would rectify this situation (if possible without the upgrade)

Thnx

Anup