Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Limit domain

Quote Reply
Limit domain
Is there a way to limit signups only to people who have a .org in their signup email address???

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Limit domain In reply to
Anyone???

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Hi.

Just see if this helps:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=252653

Some regex for the dgraph_email column in the dgraph table which you can put. I really do know nothing about how but the above thread could be a hint.

Anup
Quote Reply
The thread Anup mentioned describes what needs to be done; to change the regular expression, go to Admin -> Database -> Customize Tables -> Demographics, and click on the 'dgraph_email' column. By default this has a "Form Regex" value of: ^[\w.-]+\@[\w.-]+\.[\w.-]+$ To change this to what you're looking for, you'll probably want to change this last part: ^[\w.-]+\@[\w.-]+\.[\w.-]+$ to 'org', so that the whole thing looks like: ^[\w.-]+\@[\w.-]+\.org$. If you then decided you also wanted to allow .edu and .gov signups, for example, you could use: ^[\w.-]+\@[\w.-]+\.(org|edu|gov)$

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Limit domain In reply to
Hi Jason.

I know i shouldn't be posting it here as it concerns Links, but since the context is same i am posting this here. In links User table also the following regex is there by default for Email column:

^(?:(?:.+\@.+\..+)|\s*)$

I would want that this is changed so that the Signup email address is limited to GM domains domain1/domian2/domain3 .... Basically limiting Links user to one or more from GM domains.

What do i need to change the default regex to?

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Limit domain In reply to
I'd try something like:

^(?:.+\@(?:domain1.com|domain2.com|domain3.com)|\s*)$

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Limit domain In reply to
Thnx. it worked.