Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Development, Plugins and Globals :

File permissions error after SpamAssassin plugin install

Quote Reply
File permissions error after SpamAssassin plugin install
Hi All,

I just installed the 1.1 version of the SpamAssassin plugin for GMail & now I get a bunch of users with the following error

A fatal error has occured:

GT::Config (11426): Unable to load '/share/webmail/data/users/anywebcam.com/u/username/.prefs': Permission denied. at /share/webmail/cgi-bin/admin/GMail/User.pm line 81.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Now if I change the permissions to 777 or delete the .prefs file it's all ok for that user again. Any idea what I can do to fix this ?

Cheers,
Ben
Quote Reply
Re: [BenZo] File permissions error after SpamAssassin plugin install In reply to
Somehow, your permissions on the .prefs file, since gmail knows that the prefs file exists, but can't actually read the file. Are you running incoming.pl as a different user from what your cgi's run as?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] File permissions error after SpamAssassin plugin install In reply to
No,

All the cgi's are running as the same user. This has only happened since I installed the spamassassin plugin & I've noticed that the .spamassassin.cf file is in some of the users folders now too and they are all owned by nobody.nobody.

Should they be owned byt the cgi user ?

Cheers,
Ben
Quote Reply
Re: [BenZo] File permissions error after SpamAssassin plugin install In reply to
That probably means your web server runs as nobody:nobody.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] File permissions error after SpamAssassin plugin install In reply to
Yeah - the webserver (Zeus) is running as nobody. Should I add the CGI owner to the nobody group ??
Quote Reply
The best solution would be to make incoming/outgoing.pl to run as nobody.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Ok. Got it working. I had to hack the User.pm file to make it work as it was the webmail.cgi that was throwing the error.

Here's the line it barfed on

$self->{opts} = GT::Config->load("$self->{dir}/.prefs");

So I added this before it

system("chmod 777 $self->{dir}/.prefs");

And that seems to work so far.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Ben