Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
how to use pop
Hi,
I have been using GTMail and installed pop plugin when i start the pop server with a port 10000/8110 it is displaying pop is up and running, when i again go for the link status it is not running. Why this wierd thing is happening.
How to enable pop account for any user? please help me in this configuration.
thanks in advance,
praveen
Quote Reply
Re: [b_praveen_kumar] how to use pop In reply to
Hi Praveen,

Which POP plugin did you install? The Auth_POP3 plugin is not the one you need to enable users to connect to their mail account via POP.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] how to use pop In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi Praveen,

Which POP plugin did you install? The Auth_POP3 plugin is not the one you need to enable users to connect to their mail account via POP.

Jack.

Just on that Jack, what does the Auth_POP3 plugin do? From what I understand it lets users check other pop accounts - but I thought that was possible in GM anyway?

Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] how to use pop In reply to
Hi Regan,

Actually, the Auth_POP3 authenticates users off existing POP accounts, we use this for our own system here when we travel. Indeed you're right, Gossamer Mail comes with the ability to check external POP accounts already, but this plugin just changes the authentication from the users table to actual POP accounts.

Jack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Ong, C.O.O., Gossamer Threads, Inc.
9th Floor, 100 West Pender, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 1R8
Email: <jack@gossamer-threads.com>
Tel: (604) 687-5804 Fax: (604) 687-5806
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] how to use pop In reply to
Hi jack,

Thanks for your reply, I have installed Pop_Server
1.0, the problem is when i start the server under different port 11000 it says the server started and again after 2/3 min when i check again the status it shows pop-server is not running. why this problem is coming up.

I need to enable pop facility only for particular existing users and not to enable for all the accounts by default, Do i need to setup for this?

I am on cobalt Raq4, I have been using GTmail from many years, thought of using pop accounts, but facing problems and my customers waiting for the pop facility. There are almost 15000 existing users. I don't want to face any problems with the existing users.

thanks in advance,
Praveen.
Quote Reply
Re: [b_praveen_kumar] how to use pop In reply to
You're probably having this problem:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=220477

Adrian