Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

mylinks - need help, please.

Quote Reply
mylinks - need help, please.
Hey guys, sorry bout this. I've researched throughout the Link 2 and SQL versions of mylinks trying to piece together all the structure and variable setting changes I'll need to make. I've figured out I need to add these into Links.pm:

- $LINKS{MYLINKS_DELIM}
- $LINKS{MYLINKS_PERPAGE}
- $LINKS{MYLINKS_ORDER}

What can the values be for MYLINKS_ORDER (currently = "Title";) and do I need any additional variable settings? It doesn't look like it but I wanted to be sure.

I've figured out that the Table structure needs:

Users.MyLink

Do I need any other field additions? There was one I wasn't sure about that looked like it was passed on through the QUERY_STRING -> $USER{Page} but I can't get myhome.html to print, in order to verify this, though I've gotten the add and delete portions working beautifully.

I couldn't find copies of the necessary subs from Templates.pm (for SQL ver), so I copied and pasted their link equivalents and renamed them to the appropriate subs, changed the template used and added to @EXPORT. Could this be why my site_html_my_home isn't working? Is this sub more involved than that?

Thanks
~rl

Quote Reply
Re: mylinks - need help, please. In reply to
You need to fix up any subs from links 2.0 to 'use strict' . Also, you need to make sure they are not using any links 2.0 features, and they are updated to the new ones.

So yes, copying subs is more than a cut/paste.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I'm not explaining myself correctly, I think. The subs I copied were from the SQL version. I meant to say that I copied &site_html_link, &site_html_add_success, etc...from my LinkSQL copy and renamed to the mylinks subs. They are 100% LinkSQL template subs. I'm pretty sure I have all the pieces together, but the &site_html_my_home seems as though it could be a more complex sub in Templates.pm than the &site_html_home. But I'm getting a document contains no data error, which is of the worst variety, I mean something is wrong but there is nothing that shows where or why (errorwise).

PS: Can I safely assume I have all the rest pieced together though, by your ommiting answers to the other questions? I Don't mean to sound rude, just trying to find out if I have all I need.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Don't assume anything. I don't use this program/mod so I don't know it.

"document contains no data" is one of those errors that usually means a database problem, or the script aborted before it finished sending data to the browser.

You need to take the debugging step by step. Lots of print statements help to see where you are, and what the values are when you are there.

You really need to check the error logs and make sure the subs are dealing with the correct variables.

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I got it figured out, finally...
It was the problem with copying & pasting the my_home_html
In the template the $output needed to be printed not returned. It took me forever to notice it!