Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Has anyone done this mod?

Quote Reply
Has anyone done this mod?
Has anyone done this mod, or have any suggestions on how best to achieve it. It sounds like a hack of build.cgi.

I have the 'add only in this category' mod going, but what I want it to do is when the user clicks to go into that final category, they're presented with a search type page from which they can select a Region, press submit, and it returns all the links in that category that match that region.

Or I guess you could just use the Category & Links template normally, but replace the Links part with the Region search box, and make that call an altered search.cgi that just returns links in that category only.

Regan.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone done this mod? In reply to
I have this sort of working with my List All Links and List All Categories hack, which has the code hack titles reflects...lists all "links" and "categories".

Although the better code hack to use is qango's "Search this Category" Mod, which should be included in Links SQL v.1.13.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone done this mod? In reply to
Hi Eliot,

Yip, I'm using 1.13 so the 'Search only in this cat' function is working already. I guess after thinking a bit more, that what I want to achieve can be done by utilising this in the template, with only the wanted 'Region' options available instead of the text field. Will give it a go and see how I get on doing it this way.

Cheers
Regan.