Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

build_all errors

Quote Reply
build_all errors
I believe the build_all error I'm getting is related to an upgrade done by my hosting company to their Apache webserver. They fixed the problems I had w/ Frontpage but they haven't been able to help with this.

Build_all starts to process but then fails:

Building Home Page ...
Subcategories: 12
Total Links: 993
Opening page: /opt2/home3/mydomain/public_html/guide/index.htm
Closing page.
Done (0 s)

Building What's New ...
New Links for 1999-11-28: 10
New Links for 1999-11-29: 11
Content-type: text/html

Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::cgierr called at /home3/mydomain/public_html/cgi/guide/admin/nph-build.cgi line 618.

All the New pages are created but the admin output display only shows some of them (There were some link html pages created for dates in December but they was no display confirmation). The category counts were updated correctly but not the actual the html pages.

I don't know if that is relevant but the error message doesn't list my full path. It says:
/home3/mydomain/public_html/cgi/guide/admin/nph-build.cgi
The full path actually starts with "/opt2/"
/opt2/home3/mydomain/....

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!
Ralph

Quote Reply
Re: build_all errors In reply to
If you replace cgierr with die in nph-build.cgi you'll see the true error message. This has been fixed in 1.1. Most likely it's that the program doesn't have permission to overwrite an existing index.html page.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: build_all errors In reply to
That did it. Thanks!

There were four index pages that did not have the correct permissions. These four were new categories which were created the other day.

I created them, immediately assigned links to them in the admin screen THEN did a build_all.

It seems that is better to do a build_all before any links are assigned to brand new categories to avoid this permissions issue.

Thanks for the help Alex.