Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Unkown Tag: new_img

Quote Reply
Unkown Tag: new_img
I just installed links sql (its great) and imported all my old stuff from links 2. I had this mod installed on links 2, 3 Level of New Graphics. I have not installed any mods to links sql. Could 3 Level of New Graphics have imported partially to links sql.

When I check my home page the new text appears next to the categories with new links. But once I go to the category with the new link, next to the new link it says
Unkown Tag: new_img .
I've been looking throughout the script and haven't really seen anything that would cause this.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: Unkown Tag: new_img In reply to
You'll need to set up your new images differently for Links SQL. Here's a recent discussion of some ways of going about it:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um9/HTML/000665.html

Dan
Quote Reply
I really dont have a need for the images.
I just want to get rid of the unknown tag.
The new text is just fine with me.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the unknown tag?
Quote Reply
Links SQL has it's own new graphics abilities built in. I imagine you could get rid of your unknown tag problem by simply removing the new image references in your link.html template. That should do it, unless you have added the tag into the %GLOBALS in HTML_Templates.pm.

Dan
Quote Reply
It sounds like in your link.html template (or equivalent) you you have some code that says:
<%new_img%>

Try this instead:

<%if new_img%>
<%new_img%>
<%endif%>

or remove it entirely.

Peace.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Would this have anything to do with it?
Im using sanp templates from links 2.

this is in html_template.pm

# Set new and pop to either 1 or undef for templates.
($rec->{'isNew'} eq 'Yes') ? ($rec->{'isNew'} = 1) : (delete $rec->{'isNew'});
($rec->{'isChanged'} eq 'Yes') ? ($rec->{'isChanged'} = 1) : (delete $rec->{'isChanged'});
($rec->{'isPopular'} eq 'Yes') ? ($rec->{'isPopular'} = 1) : (delete $rec->{'isPopular'});

I tried entering undef but when a build all i get any error.
Quote Reply
You are in the wrong place!

You don't have to edit the source code. The program _needs_ to know whether a link is new or popular. Don't touch it.

Just edit link.html and subcategory.html to get rid of the tags that show the graphics.

You can use the default templates to see how you just type in the "new" and "pop" without graphics if you need a hint.