Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

forum.cgi

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: forum.cgi In reply to
yes.. i figured it out.. i changed it so that it doesn't have a script alias directory and did Options All so ExecCGI was set so it pretty much allowed all directories in my root to have cgi..

now that's over with i have to install PHP3.. i can't figure out how to.. when i install that i need gd.pm and then i should be ready to continue my work..

no more school projects... Smile

ok.. forum.cgi is pretty much complete.. i haven't done smilies.. but that could be done by adding lines to the subroutine for parsing the messages.. also..

review.cgi v2 is pretty much complete also.. i never went into changing the ratings to have its own database to count the ratings so that is not as efficient as it could be.. it works pretty much like review.cgi v1 except in mysql and the new graphs..

i will release both after getting some work done on each after i finish setting up my server..

jerry
http://jerrysu.com Smile
Quote Reply
I can't wait to see them Smile

By the way, who is hosting your dedicated server Jerry?

------------------
Robert Blackstone
Webmaster of Scato Search
www.scato.com
Quote Reply
Jerry,

Install PHP4 not 3 - and install the Zend Optimiser as well, its worth it Smile.

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost or find a new one.
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
it took me forever to install it and mysql still doesn't work.. Smile

my dedicated server host is dialtoneinternet.net

jerry
Quote Reply
ok.. everything except for gd.pm is installed..

the new forum is

http://pdamania.com/forum.cgi

i believe everything works.. i had a little trouble with the Signatures.. but I found out that the .def files i had in my local copy was old and it did not have that field so it didn't see it..

jerry
Quote Reply
Looks cool, and it seems pretty fast.
Quote Reply
yea.. it is quite fast actually.. i'm still going to make it make the pages in html later on though.. cause it does take more bandwidth this way.. i believe i have 13 gigs of space and 50 gigs of bandwidth.. i'm not sure whether to save space or to save bandwidth Smile

there is little processing time it seems.. i set my netscape so it notifies me when a cookie is being set and cookies are set every single visit to the forum.. they are set after all the processing has been done and it only takes me half a second on a 33k to get the cookie Smile yes.. i am still on a modem..

anyways.. the forum itself is ready for release.. however.. i am not sure how to go about the 4 tables needed to be setup in this.. i am thinking about making a script that will make the defs and mysql tables.. but i don't know...

i have to make an administration for deleting, banning, and all the other cool stuff.. the current links administration would work for deleting posts.. however.. the topic # post # will be incorrect..

banning is not by ip.. by username..

also.. you guys could make whatever mods you want.. its not that hard.. like different level forums is easy.. alex already made the Administrator Editor Registered stuff.. and you can simple put a if statement inside of the while statement when print boards and then a if/else statement to see if the user is authorized to access the board..

btw guys.. i am in the middle of two other links sql powered add ons.. one is a webspace script similiar to what yahoo is doing with geocities.. just the file manager using username and passwords in the links sql userDB.. i am making this cause it's simple.. i am also going to give some of my friends some ad less webspace and they are the types that use geocities and such Smile..

then there is an ad management script.. i started over on this one from the previous one.. this will allow both ssi and image forms of calling the banner.. since it will be powered on links' admin.. i won't have to do much.. graphs and statistics can be made easily as well..

jerry

[This message has been edited by widgetz (edited May 07, 2000).]
> >