Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Trouble with the report dead link mod

Quote Reply
Trouble with the report dead link mod
Hi

I am having trouble with the report a dead link mod. I am sur ei have followed everything to the word but get these errors

Compilation failed in require at badlink.cgi line 34.

and
[Sat Mar 25 18:07:48 2000] HTML_Templates.pm: Compilation failed in require at badlink.cgi line 34. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at badlink.cgi line 34.

(line 34 is - use Links::HTML_Templates Wink
the templates are there

I have no idea why it will not work? any ideas?

Iain
Quote Reply
Re: Trouble with the report dead link mod In reply to
Didn't anyone tell you to never follow directions?! Wink

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um9/HTML/000696.html

I've also added a description option so people can add stuff such as new URL's, a remote referrer and IP check like in the add notification, and a notification link to the admin area (as opposed to a delete link for the reported link, that way you don't accidentally delete something that you meant to modify). I'll probably add a text box for users to optionally add their name and email (so I can thank them).

Dan
Quote Reply
Thanks Dan

that was the problem..... I honestly thought I was going mad! I also noticed that there was a link after your post stating the mod is available in the resources area ... This is as you say not using the dynamic...

anyway thanks for a prompt reply

Stubbers
Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Hint to anyone of significance (i.e. Alex or possibly pugdog) reading this, the bad link mod in the resource center really isn't of much use unless it's updated... Wink

Dan
Quote Reply
That's what I suspected, but I figured you might have Alex's ear a little more than the rest of us, especially when it comes to the resource center. Smile

Dan
Quote Reply
Just for the record... I do this on a purely volunteer basis, and have no affiliation with Alex or Gossamer-Threads.

I just use the program, and figure the best way to keep working on it is to share what I know, and learn what other people have figured out. I've based my future on this program, so I have a real interest in seeing it succeed.