Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Alphabetic list

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Alphabetic list In reply to
Thank you very much for your help. It's was a bit embarrassing. I'm sorry I don't why I didn't check that file it's a bit obvious.

Thank you guys and bye for now.

Happy new year.
Quote Reply
Alex, which the best way to show the links for alphabetical order, but not in the whole bank, but only in a certain category?

For instance:
I have a category with 7.000 links and it would like me to have the alternative of seeing the ones that they just begin with the letter AND of this category just, but only of the certain category and you don't sweat sub-categories, could mark her for your ID and the call would be something as:
http://dominio.tld/cgi-bin/letter.cgi?letter=e&Category=<%Category_ID&>

or something similar....
Does have some idea of as I can make that?
Quote Reply
Use the Letter.cgi program that was posted here, and put the letter bar (with the letter links) at the top of the category page used for that category. That way, a user could jump to the letter.

You'd have to make a few mods, and this is a .cgi generated feature.

You'd have to do a bit of work to make it work within the categories, but that's actually a good exercise if anyone is interested in tackling a project that would expose them to the internals of Links and perl.

You'd want to change the category routines to track where the alphabetics break by page, and link them to the title bar. It would mean processing each category once to create the status bar, then again to print out the pages.

> >