Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

A copy of some default defs files

Quote Reply
A copy of some default defs files
Hello! I'm getting Links SQL to run on Postgres, and because I currently haven't found an equivalent to MySQL's DESCRIBE feature, I need to make my defs files by hand for now.
Can someone send me a sample set so I can get idea of what they should like? Thanks.

-mark
Quote Reply
Re: A copy of some default defs files In reply to
If you need them, send me an email, and I can attach some files to it.

Quote Reply
Hello Tom,

Getting Links SQL to work with Postgres has not yet been completed. Alex and I are both contributing work to project, but nothing workable has been produced yet.

-mark
Quote Reply
Have you by chance converted Links SQL to PostgreSQL yet? If so any help would be appreciated.

Tom Mackie
administrator@awak.com

------------------
Quote Reply
Just wanted to check back with you and see how things were going with Postgresql. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

------------------
Quote Reply
Hello,
Lately I think Alex has been working on a new DBSQL module that works better with several non-mysql databases. I've been waiting to see what he produces before contributing any more changes myself. In the meantime, I've developed a system similiar to Links SQL based on custom on perl and Postgres SQL to use with www.skatepark.org
It's a lot clunkier than Links SQL both inside and out, and has a lot less features, but its working for me at the moment. Smile I may one day package it up and release it for others, but I doubt I'll ever try to add in a layer that would make it compatible with databases other than Postgres.
I should note that this project is not intended to compete with Links SQL at all. Links SQL will probably continue to have higher quality and more features for the foreseeable future.

------------------
http://mark.stosberg.com/

Quote Reply
We've just finished an ODBC port that works with MS SQL 7. There are still some pretty major fixes to do, but hopefully it will be as easy as adding a Pg.pm module that will fix up all the incompatibilities between mysql and postgres.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
That's great to hear. Postgres has an ODBC interface, so the distance may not be far at all.
Quote Reply
I'm still fighting some ODBC quirks. If anyone has any experience with DBD::ODBC and/or MS SQL 7, I'd love to hear from you, especially if you've seen 'String data, right truncation' errors before. =)

Cheers,

Alex