Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Sorting of "Related Category" Entries

Quote Reply
Sorting of "Related Category" Entries
Hello,

I'll like to have another small mod in my website that uses SQL Links 1.x, an older bilingual and customized version of Links SQL (which was made for me at the time where that biligual mod was not offered as a separted plugin yet). At the end of any of my categories pages, I have a list of Related Categories (I just began adding related categories so not all of my cat pages have Related Categories entries at the bottom of the page).

The way they are sorted right now is by first come first go basis. This probably would work fine for small directories, but I feel it will look much better and easier to navigate if they were sorted alphabetically. Each related category entry should be sorted alphabetically, according to the category and subcategory names in English and Spanish (I also have other French and German versions which are only translations made by a computer software of the original English version, so I don't need any work on them).

This will work great for me, so if I change my mind about a particular related entry in the top of the list, I don't have to erase all the following one so it will look more "organized." I guess, you don't really think about the need of these mods until you start using them.

I'd rather have just this modified than explained to me since I am not really a programmer. Thanks,

Carlos
Note.- The name of my website is my member's "profile," which is, of course, accessible to any registered member in the GT Forum. I'd rather have some privacy when dealing with some technical issues of my site.
Quote Reply
Re: [rockiniowa] Sorting of "Related Category" Entries In reply to
I looked your code and fixed related category list sorting.
Also updated & tested the code on your site.
Now sorting correctly.

Related sorting analization + fixing + support time was 35 minutes.
Becuse of time rounding, 1 hour public custom work price is billed ($20).

Please pay on the $20, on the usual Share-it way:
http://www.shareit.com/...p;currencies=USD,EUR

Have a nice day Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Sorting of "Related Category" Entries In reply to
Webmaster33,

Thanks for the work. Twenty bucks seems very fair :) I just paid via Share it (let me know if you have any problems with money).

As usual I am satisfied with your mods. The "Related Category" entries are sorted just like I wanted. Good work and thanks again,

Carlos