Perl syntax error

Quote Reply
Perl syntax error
Hi, I can't get LINKS SQL to run on my server- I get the following error:
-----------------------
Welcome to Links SQL Setup!

Loading SQL definitions and DBD::mysql.
SQL.mysql file loaded.
DBD::mysql not found! Perhaps you mistyped the driver name, or it may not be installed. Error message was:
Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .. .. /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at setup.cgi line 152.

Aborting .. please install the appropriate DBD driver and rerun setup.cgi.
======================
I ran a perl syntax check and got this error:
--------------------
SYNTAX ERROR - Perl had the following to say :

[Tue Dec 14 16:09:43 1999] admin.cgi: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/user/cgi-bin/directory/admin/admin.cgi line 30.
Content-type: text/html

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<CODE>[Tue Dec 14 16:09:43 1999] Links.pm: Can't locate Links.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/user/cgi-bin/directory/admin/admin.cgi line 30.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/user/cgi-bin/directory/admin/admin.cgi line 30.
</CODE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

File modes OK
Correct location for perl used
---------------
...BUT I got the same error from the test I did on other web space which ran fine.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong? (my web host is also looking at the problem)
Quote Reply
Re: Perl syntax error In reply to

Quote:
DBD::mysql not found! Perhaps you mistyped the driver name, or it may not be installed. Error message was:
Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .. .. /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at setup.cgi line 152.

Your system does not have the DBD::mysql module installed. You'll need to get that installed before you can use the program.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: Perl syntax error In reply to
Hi Alex,

I asked my ISP about this and they said it was set up fine- it was them who got the test version running too. I'll forward a copy of your messages to them and see what happens.

Thanks
Rennie