Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

New field in links

Quote Reply
New field in links
Hello,
how can I add a new field to the links? Is it still the old way?
Quote Reply
Re: New field in links In reply to
The best way is to start over. Smile

This question has not been specifically answered by Alex yet, but at least two things need to be done.

1) you need to update the def files
2) you need to add the filed to the MySQL table.

If Alex doesn't answer, or someone else doesn't, I'm about to start altering the program in the next couple of days and will post 'how-to's as I go along.

Quote Reply
Hello!

This is very simple.

Before doing anything, simply add one line similar to the one in the SQL.pl which defines the fields. Then run it! It will automatically create fields in the MySQL tables + defs files.

All you need to be careful is that you need to define the properties of that table field correct. You can understand how are the properties of the other fields and then copy such a respective field definitions.

The best program I find for such a matter can be downloaded at

www.phpwizard.net

Get this phpMyAdmin scripts and make your life easier. Fill the name of the server and the database password and have a go!!! There you will be able to do a lot of things with it and is certainly better than any other cgi programs.

Mind you running the SQL.pl will kill the table data. This means this solution applies only if you wanna an easy solution and there is not much data of importance. If the database is set-up and everything is set-up then you need to do what pugdog said, change in the defs and modify the tables. For this phpMyAdmin is recommended.

Hope this helps.

------------------
rajani

Quote Reply
I'll have finished tommorrow an editor.cgi program which will let you add/remove new fields. It will update both the .def file and the mysql table without losing all your information.

Cheers,

Alex