Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Error in Pugdogs SQL FAQ

Quote Reply
Error in Pugdogs SQL FAQ
Pugdog:

Tried to e-mail you, but your e-mail wasn't posted. Thought you would like to know.... tried to rate an item in your SQL FAQ (which is wonderful, BTW)...

Anyway, got this error:

DBSQL (11117): Fatal Error: Unable to execute query: DELETE FROM Rate_Track created < 1999-11-30. Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'created < 1999-11-30' at line 1 at /www/postcards/cgi-bin/FAQ/rate.cgi line 84

Thought you would want to know! Sorry for posting this here, but I did not know where else contact you from...

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Error in Pugdogs SQL FAQ In reply to
Hey,

This is fine... I wonder where the error is from, since it's a 'generic' LinkSQL install.

I will upgrade it to version 1.1 (I think it's still 1.1b3 and see if that goes away. Thanks!

I'll also change the templates to have an email address. I put that together this weekend when I was trying to not do any real work, so it wasn't well planned out.... I tried about 2 dozen programs before going back to Links as the engine. Any other suggestions ... please let me know!

I'm trying to add threads to it as I read the forum here, so it should be pretty up to date from now on. Once the threads seem to close, I'll try to edit them into a more concise description in the short and long description areas, with the link back to the full thread. Should be a very complete reference.

Also, _please_ feel free to add or email your stuff to me -- for addition -- but the as I said on the FAQ, the best thing to do is to put it here, so everyone gets a chance to see it, and I'll add it pretty automatically. I read every message here, and gave up reading the Links 2.0 forums since I'm no longer able to do both.

[This message has been edited by pugdog (edited December 02, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Ok,

It all seems to work now. I upgraded to 1.1 _except_ the HTML_Templates.pm file, since when I did the site went dark -- literally.

I have to do a compare to find out why that's happening -- I must have changed some HTML somewhere, although I thought it was a generic 1.1b3 install.
Quote Reply
Actually that was a bug I found in the beta 3 that I fixed up. Apparently people don't use the rating much as I think it was in there for all the betas. Wink

Cheers,

Alex