Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Eliot Lee
I noticed you recommend Web2010 for hosting
do you know if they use a standard subdomain pointing system server configuration because I am have all kinds of problems with Virtualis Systems the reason I need to know is that along with Links SQL I have another software that is a Mall type software that works with folders and it creates folders as someone signs up for a new secure estore it is all set up automacticlly but with virtualis they use there own non-standard subdomain pointing system server
configuration, cgi programs like this software that create and work
with folders, won't work there
I have set an email asking for info on this subject to Web2010 but have not received any reply

Do you know right off hand if they do.
Thanks Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Eliot Lee In reply to
Michael,

They use redirection for their sub-domain addresses (which is not tremendously stable, but since I have a dedicated IP address, it does not cause a lot of problems...other than them forgetting to tell me to re-new my domain registration...but that is a completely different story. If you are on a server that does not have dedicated IP Addresses, then you are in for a world of frustration.)

But...Web2010 no longer offers sub-domains. I was one of the last accounts to have this.

So, if you are interested in sub-domains...Web2010 is not for you.

Sorry.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited February 15, 2000).]