Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Pre Sales :

Links SQL & vBulletin 3

Quote Reply
Links SQL & vBulletin 3
Greetings,

I understand there's some level of single signon functionality between vBulletin and Links SQL, does that extend to version 3 of vBulletin as well?

I'm currently an In-Link customer, but I'm completely unhappy with the way the product is developing (or not developing), and I'm considering jumping ship for Links SQL.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [JNaylor] Links SQL & vBulletin 3 In reply to
I've never really used the vB plugin, but if I were you, and you want total compatability between the software, then you may want to take a look at GForum (what is running here). With the Auth_Community plugin, you can link any GT products together (except Links2) .... i.e one user can have a username they created in LinksSQL, but they can access the forum Smile

>>>I'm currently an In-Link customer, but I'm completely unhappy with the way the product is developing (or not developing), and I'm considering jumping ship for Links SQL. <<<

Very true. Just have a look at the new plugins/forum posts/help etc in the last few months here... its pretty obvious the community strength is a lot stronger here :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL & vBulletin 3 In reply to
Heh do I sense a little bias Laugh
Quote Reply
Re: [Coombes] Links SQL & vBulletin 3 In reply to
Not bias, simply the truth Sly

I also run ace-installer.com, and have had to install quite a few copies of In-Link (and do modifications etc), and TBH its a pain in the arse :p

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL & vBulletin 3 In reply to
I've never found In-Link terribly difficult to set up, but the template system is something of a mess. I could still use it (even without any vB integration), but to be honest I'm afraid it's a dead end program. They've been going on about this invisible In-Portal for about two years now. I want a solution that's going to continue to develop.

I'm kinda locked into vBulletin because of the other software the site uses. I use PhotoPost and ReviewPost fairly extensively, along with a CMS that (sort of) integrates with vB. If it weren't for that I'd certainly take a look at another board.
Quote Reply
I think there is a plugin in the admin's plugin area that will let you use Links SQL and VB together.. but you can still contact Jack or Alex. And if it (plugin) does not work, I would highly recommend you to contact Jack or Alex for custom modification/plugin, as they are *real quick* on replying and should be able to help you out with such a plugin.

Vishal Thakkar

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi,

I think the last version we worked on personally was 2.3. If you get Links SQL and the Auth_VBulletin plugin doesn't work with v3, as long as you can provide us access to both vbulletin and Links SQL on your server, we'll update the plugin at no charge to make it work.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.