Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : PHP Front End :

Missing files/directory in v2.1.1?

Quote Reply
Missing files/directory in v2.1.1?
When I view page.php, I get the following warning:

Quote:
PHP Warning: Unable to access /path/to/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/PHP/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php in /path/to/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/PHP/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 2278

The distribution does not seem to have a /Links/PHP/adodb/drivers/ directory...

Also, I thought something was going to be done about the default setup putting page.php in the cgi-bin where most servers will not allow it to be run?

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: [Dan Kaplan] Missing files/directory in v2.1.1? In reply to
You need to redownload the install package as those files didn't get packaged the first time round.

You can easily move page.php to where ever you wish, but you just need to update the db_php_url setting in admin => Setup => Paths and URLs.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Missing files/directory in v2.1.1? In reply to
Thanks for the fast reply.

Is there any way to get just the missing files instead of downloading the entire package, uploading to the server, then running the install script?

Quote:
You can easily move page.php to where ever you wish, but you just need to update the db_php_url setting in admin => Setup => Paths and URLs.
Isn't that a lot of unnecessary work when most (all?) people will be needing to run page.php outside the cgi-bin? Seems the path of least resistance, so to speak, would benefit everyone...

Dan

p.s. I downloaded v2.1.1 on 6/17, and the downloads area shows the latest version being 2.1.1 released 6/11. Is that an unlabled update, or am I missing something?

Last edited by:

Dan Kaplan: Jun 27, 2002, 12:27 AM
Quote Reply
Alex updated it on the 18th as seen in his announcement here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=201289.

You can just extract the required files from the install package (the install.dat is just a .tar file, which winzip can handle) and upload them into the adodb/drivers directory.

In Reply To:
Isn't that a lot of unnecessary work when most (all?) people will be needing to run page.php outside the cgi-bin?
It's only two extra steps Smile It would be one extra step if you had a prompt in the installer, but then it's an extra question for people who prefer the Perl front end Tongue. I'll talk to Alex about getting a prompt in the install added in for this location.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Missing files/directory in v2.1.1? In reply to
I just noticed a thread I already read the other day had the same question and answer ...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=202786

Winzip won't open install.dat for me. Looks like Alex's recommended upgrade approach will be best (I hadn't even noticed the bug fixes forum until now, no wonder I didn't see the upgrade "announcement").

Why not just default to putting page.php in whatever the user selects as the HTML build directory and set the include paths accordingly? That would remove all unnecessary steps for those using it, and would add no unnecessary steps for those not doing so.

I'm not sure yet if the PHP includes from within the cgi-bin will work (because of the directory missing), but my first guess is that it wouldn't. In which case, there are numerous extra steps in adjusting the include paths within the various /cgi-bin/admin/Links/PHP/*.inc.php scripts. Hopefully, that isn't the case...

Dan

Last edited by:

Dan Kaplan: Jun 27, 2002, 8:20 AM
Quote Reply
By the way (and totally unrelated to this thread), I've been having frequent browser hangups and crashes when downloading from your downloads area this week. I'm hung right now, in fact... Cancelling the download will most likely crash my browser, so I'd better finish this post first...

Has anyone else reported that? IE 6.0 on Win 2000, if that helps. I finally managed to download the 2.1.1 Links SQL manual last night (4th attempt or so) and my browser crashed just as it finished. My computer crashed a few minutes later... :(

Dan