Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

number of links

Quote Reply
number of links
problem with number of links displayed for category & showing actual "new links" in whats new

site has 396 links total, first few added manually, then...data import

started importing data (links) first run was with 10 links, 2nd run with 50 links, 100 links, 200 links.

All into 1 category.

Stopped when I noticed that the number of links displayed for the cat was showing 137 (should read somthing like total links 396.

checked in "admin/browse"

folder names shows: **** Directory (137)

linkcan see 389 actual links - from table "There are 389 links."

during first couple of imports - I had to validate the links (the batch of 200 I edited the "links.validated" column to read Yes

This appears to have added the links without the need for me to validate them - but with an error on the number of links shown against the category

help or advice pleaseUnsure
Colin Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: [colintho] number of links In reply to
tried "rebuild table" appears to have fixed it - now have correct number of links in category Smile

Question: what does "rebuild search" do ?
Colin Thompson
Quote Reply
I'm not that sure myself, but I think it rebuild the search table for people using INDEXED searches (I believe this speeds up searches on higher traffic sites).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Are you sure you don't mean repair?

Repair updates your counts while rebuild rebuilds your index.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 16, 2003, 8:30 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] number of links In reply to

Colin Thompson
Quote Reply
Hi!

Like I told you earlier, you need to have

Database >>> Properties >>>

Database Information Indexing Scheme

Selected to "INTERNAL" for this to function. Only then it will rebuild the keywords from your links into this table and help searches faster then MySQL searching. Also with this, all the new links pouring in would also get through this indexing function and build further new keywords entering the links table!
Quote Reply
Re: [dearnet] number of links In reply to
OK, thanks the info Smile
Colin Thompson