Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

how to - massively delete links

Quote Reply
how to - massively delete links
I am somewhat new to glinks.

I need to delete like 80 links from our glinks system. I would rather not delete them one at a time. What options do I have?

Thanks for your help.
Steelcase00
Quote Reply
Re: [steelcase00] how to - massively delete links In reply to
Hi,

In Database > Links > Delete, find the links you want to delete, and then just "tick" the ones you want to delete.

Really I guess, it depends on what kinda links you want to delete (i.e are the all in one category, or do they all have the same link, etc)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] how to - massively delete links In reply to
Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am really looking for a method that I can massively delete based on a list of links ID's.

To have to tick off each link and then delete will still cause a lot of manual work. Especially for times where I could have hundreds to delete.

Is it possible to just delete the links from the MySQL table and then run some sort of rebuild?

thanks,
Steelcase00
Quote Reply
Sure, you can do. Lemme just write a quick plugin, which will let you do this :) (safer than doing it manually in mysql)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Please give this a go. Simply install it, then run Plugins > DeleteMassLinks > Do Delete, and enter the list of ID's you want to delete. This will do it via $DB->Table('Links')->delete(), which fixes the Category/CatLinks tables too - but I've also put a link after the process, so you can make 100% sure its fixed up the category counts right Smile

If you have any more questions, post 'em here, and I'll take a look at them tomorrow. Off to the pub now - been a long day ;)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] how to - massively delete links In reply to
Thanks Andy!! It is working great.

Steelcase00