Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

fatal error in category.html

Quote Reply
fatal error in category.html
I am all of a sudden getting the following message when someone does a search within a category page. Searches off of my index.html page and of search results pages still work though.. Both search results and category pages are using <% include include_search_bar.html %>

this is the error message:

A fatal error has occured:

GT::SQL::Table (13480): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Must pass category id to children at /home/www/abcdentist/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/PPC.pm line 2569.

any help would be appreciated. thanks
I am sure it is something simple that I am overlooking
Quote Reply
Re: [knewt] fatal error in category.html In reply to
Hi,

This looks to be a problem in the PPC plugin. Can you send an email to support-lsql@gossamer-threads.com with access info and how to reproduce the error and we'll look into this asap.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] fatal error in category.html In reply to
Thanks Alex

I have sent the info to Mel. Hope to resolve this soon as I am getting flooded with emails about the error.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [knewt] fatal error in category.html In reply to
As a temporary fix if you are not yet using the PPC plugin, you can go to Plugins and click on Edit beside the PPC plugin, and where it says: 'Plugin Hooks', uncheck the search_results or site_html_search_results check box and hit update. This will stop Links SQL from running the PPC code during search results.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] fatal error in category.html In reply to
Problem is that I am using PPC
has anyone else with PPC had the same problem? or is this a bug on my links ony?

the problem seem to be with the categroy <if catid> thingie.
if you do a general search you get the error. If you do a search with the check box x this category only, the search works.
and the search works fine on the search results page so i am assuming it has to do with the code for the search menu bar.
hope to get it resolved soon though as it's a little embarassing to have that error come up whenever someone does a search.