Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

build error help!!

Quote Reply
build error help!!
I have searched the boards for over an hour with no successful solution to my problem.
My builds aren't working. Build staggered gives me this error message:
Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 9) line 72
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

In setup I enabled debugging to "9" (is this correct ?) and get this when I check environment:

Links (18052): Links::environment called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 954 with arguments
   (HASH(0x80caa9c), 0).
Links (18052): GT::Template::_check_func called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 1083 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca898), Links::environment ('0'), 0).
Links (18052): GT::Template::_get_value called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 524 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca898), Links::environment ('0'), 1).
Links (18052): GT::Template::_parse_tags called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 216 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca898), /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/templates/admin/setup_env.html, SCALAR(0x80caa78)).
Links (18052): GT::Template::_parse called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 72 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca898), setup_env.html, HASH(0x80cd6c4), 1).
Links (18052): GT::Template::parse called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/Links.pm line 251 with arguments
   (GT::Template, setup_env.html, ARRAY(0x80ca82c), HASH(0x80cd6c4)).
Links (18052): Links::admin_page called at admin.cgi line 50 with no arguments.
Links (18052): main::main called at admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.

With the build staggered, sometimes it doesn't connect at all, and when it did, it built blank pages before I stopped the build with the above error message. I really need help!

Lennie
Quote Reply
Re: [lennie] build error help!! In reply to
Erm..where did you get the idea of 9 for debugging? Its either 0 for false, or 1 for trus (as in binary style). Does both a normal and staggered build do this?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] build error help!! In reply to
who knows where I got that Idea. . .

I reset debug to 1 and got this in environment:

Links (26753): Links::environment called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 954 with arguments
   (HASH(0x80caa78), 0).
Links (26753): GT::Template::_check_func called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 1083 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca88c), Links::environment ('0'), 0).
Links (26753): GT::Template::_get_value called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 524 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca88c), Links::environment ('0'), 1).
Links (26753): GT::Template::_parse_tags called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 216 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca88c), /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/templates/admin/setup_env.html, SCALAR(0x80caa54)).
Links (26753): GT::Template::_parse called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Template.pm line 72 with arguments
   (GT::Template=HASH(0x80ca88c), setup_env.html, HASH(0x80cd6b8), 1).
Links (26753): GT::Template::parse called at /c54/adscom/cgi-bin/links2/admin/Links.pm line 251 with arguments
   (GT::Template, setup_env.html, ARRAY(0x80ca820), HASH(0x80cd6b8)).
Links (26753): Links::admin_page called at admin.cgi line 50 with no arguments.
Links (26753): main::main called at admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.

lennie
Quote Reply
other issues. Here's the story. my host deactivated my sql server because I exeded my disc space. That was resolved and it was reactivated. Everything seems to work fine (jump.cgi, user.cgi for sign in etc.) What isn't working is my build and the search. When I try to build with bebugging off (0) I get the above message. With debugging on (1) I get a browser error saying that a connection failure has occured. As far as the site search goes, also a connection failure. Any ideas, I have been scouring the boards all morning. . .
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] build error help!! In reply to
Andy, Lennie,

The config has 3 debugging levels:
Quote:
debug_level
This method returns the current debug level.
You may provide one argument which sets a new debug level.

0 means no debugging, 1 means basic debugging, 2 means heavy debugging.

If providing a new debug level, the old debug level is returned.
You can check this in Developers Guide/GT::Config.

The following is not required for you, Andy, but may be useful for later usage. Just for your information.
There are 4 debug levels for GT::SQL (sql related queries):
Quote:
$db = new GT::SQL {
def_path => '/path/to/def',
cache => 1,
debug => 1,
subclass => 1
);
GT::SQL has advanced debugging, and setting it to 1 should be adequate for most operations.

Level 0
This is the default, no debugging information is printed to stderr. All errors can be obtained in $GT::SQL::error.

Level 1
All queries that get sent will be displayed to stderr.

Level 2
Same as level 1, but more detailed information. Also, when calling query_stack you get a stack trace on what generated each query.

Level 3
Very detailed debug logs including creation and destruction of objects. query_stack generates a javascript page with query, stack trace plus data dump of arguments, can be very, very large (but very cool).
You can check this in Developers Guide/GT::SQL.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 29, 2002, 2:48 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] build error help!! In reply to
Well, it is working now, I think it was an issue with my host, I contacted them and they seem to have resolved the problem
Quote Reply
Glad to see the problem solved Wink

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...