Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

bug in admin category search

Quote Reply
bug in admin category search
After lots of debugging I discovered that when the Timestmp field is set to HIDDEN under Category->Properties that the Category Search Results don't work.

When this is done, the search form is produced with a hidden field AND value for Timestmp effectively making a query Search for what you're looking for PLUS a timestmp with the current time. As their will never be an entry with current time, the category search results always come back with Your search did not match any records.

I guess it wouldn't be a problem if there were a Form Type option for Date because a change to anything related to that field's properties automatically sets the Form Type to HIDDEN because Date isn't an option.

thank you for looking into it.

peace.
Quote Reply
Re: [klangan] bug in admin category search In reply to
Unless you've changed the properties of that column, the default form type of the column is actually DATE. To correct this, you'll have to manually edit your def file to change it back to date. I'll look into getting the DATE form type added to the dropdown (although there might be a reason why it isn't on the list).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] bug in admin category search In reply to
Thanks Brewt,

I actually don't want the field to appear which is why I set my Form Type to hidden. I was surprised to see that this field came in with the Timestamp filled in. None of the other fields load up their default values when calling the search form. Maybe there's a reason this one does and the others don't when they are set to hidden, but it would seem that when generically bringing up the search form that none of the fields should be pre-filled. So I don't think that adding DATE form type solves the real issue. Although it would allow the proper value to be restored through admin instead of a manual edit.

just my thoughts.

peace.
kyle