Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Suggestions for Gossamer-Threads

Quote Reply
Suggestions for Gossamer-Threads
1) Allow configuration of the number of links on the top rated page. This is my first suggestion because it's not too difficult to do, and because it seems like a logical configurability in Links SQL, which is usually very configurable.

Right now I have to hardcode the change, which is no big deal for me, but this would be a small thing Gossamer could do to make an improvement.

2) Related to #1. Allow for more complex ratings such as ratings by parent category etc.

3) Allow the users to edit their user details. This is a no-brainer, anything that collects user data for logins should allow for it to be edited.

4) Allow for resending of email verification.

I have a lot more ideas, but I think the above are pretty fundamental and pretty easy.

cdkrg

Able2Know :: Ajooja Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [cdkrg] Suggestions for Gossamer-Threads In reply to
Doh, I have another:

Allow for a new way to spread out link verification.

For example, I usually use "--check_from 30" in a cron but the problem is that this relies on them all never being checked.

Right now, with the nph-verify problems I had to check them all as certain flags weren't working and now it's impossible to spread out the load. Some days only a few will be checked and one day out of the month there will be almost 17,000 checked.

This isn't optimal, and an interesting way to spread it out is by a primary index ID method (e.g. 0-9).

cdkrg

Able2Know :: Ajooja Directory