Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Small community plugin for ls 2.11

Quote Reply
Small community plugin for ls 2.11
LS 2.11 friends:

We are currently in development of a very small community plugin for LS. Expects to complete within the next 2 weeks.

I'll like to know how many of you would be interested.

This plugin will only be released to the public commercially if only more than 20 people are interested in our work!

Please leave a comment here if interested!

Any suggestions are also welcome.

Current price of plugin is $350.

Current Features:

... Members Profile: modify their own profile, optional fields and required fields, includes avatar, members can user their own uploaded avatar

... Members list: listing of all LS members, span pages, link to view members profile for public, link count for members

... Editors list: list of the editors of your LS, similar to members list interface

... Instant Messaging: Members can private message each other, incoming and outgoing inbox, ability to delete old messages

... News system: editors and admin can post news, admin can post announcements

... Who's online page

... Intergration with perldesk script at http://perldesk.com/ (only if interested)

Thanks for the interest!

- Shinji

Last edited by:

Shinji: Aug 5, 2002, 9:04 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Shinji] Small community plugin for ls 2.11 In reply to
>>
Current price of plugin is $350.
<<

GT have their own community plugin soon to be released and I doubt it will cost anywhere near as much as that and will tie in all their products. I'm not sure it will include the features you have above though.

If in your own words, you call it "very small" why is it $350?....thats only $100 less than a full LSQL license.

Edit: I think a few of those features are supplied with already existing plugins too.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 6, 2002, 2:48 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Small community plugin for ls 2.11 In reply to
Paul:

I agreed with you, price might seem very expensive in comparison with the original LS.

That's why I mentioned in the last post to see how many people are actually interested in this plugin first before actually deciding to release it or not.

Anyway, thanks Paul for your suggestion. Also, your pretty right about the fact which GT will release their own Community Plugin which I believed should be ten fold better then mine own. Though it's a matter of TIME when they will release it.

Lastly, we did spent quite some time on the development. And since this is a commercial plugin; we do respect some profit on our side. We can certainly readjust the price if more then 20 people are interested in this plugin. If that happens, the price should be $200 or less. We are happy to release it as long as it's economical for us. So the more people that want it, the lower the price gets.

Again, thx Paul for his suggestions. Anymore suggestions and comments are welcome!

- Shinji