Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Search Results Loops

Quote Reply
Search Results Loops
Hi-

I have my links set up in three priority levels for search returns. In the search set up I have the maxhits set to 40. The problem is that on my search results page, I have the three loops as noted below.

The search returns are showing the first 20 links correctly being the ones where Priority_One is equal to Yes. Then the next 20 links it shows are those with Priority_Two equal to Yes. Then on the second page, it again shows some more Priority_One links before it finally gets to Priority_Three links.

Is there a way to change the loop structure so that if maxhits is set to 40, that it will show up to 40 links that have the Priority_One designation on the first page? I'm not sure why it is moving to the second loop after 20 listings when it hasn't yet hit the full 40 links from the first loop on the first page. I notice that when I set the maxhits to 100, then it shows 45 of the Priority_One before going to the next loop (eventhough there are more Priority_One links that should be shown). Does anyone know why that might be? How does it decide when to leave the first loop and go to the second? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Frank

Loops on Search Results Page

# Loop One
<%loop link_results_loop%>
<%if Priority_One eq 'Yes'%>
<%include link.html%>
<%endif%>
<%endloop%>

# Loop Two
<%loop link_results_loop%>
<%if Priority_Two eq 'Yes'%>
<%include link.html%>